05/07/2011

New studio in new house

The last few days I hsve been moving into my new house in Devonport, Plymouth. It is a new new house with no history as I am the first person to live in it! A first for me as I usually buy draughty old Victorian terraces - but not any more, this house is super insulated so I will be toasty warm in the winter with the lowest energy bills I've ever had!! I have room for a studio albeit smallish. All my stuff arrived yesterday out of storage where most of it's been for the last 18 months - I'd forgotten how much studio stuff (let alone kitchen stuff) I'd got - I felt overwhelmed confronting it this morning - the studio space looked like this..........






















the kitchen was even worse but I won't go there!!














After a few hours hard work I managed to make some order of it all and left it looking like this1 Looks a lot better and in a few days I'm sure my space will be ready for the next project!

And I even made some inroads in the kitchen department!

I feel much happier tonight!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

All looks organised already to make new work! Keen to know what's in those boxes! Lovely light in the rooms.

Susan Kruse said...

I hope you have a wonderful time living in your new house. And HUGE congratulations on your Failure First!!! Fantastic news. I think the image you have up at the top of your blog is gorgeous by the way.

So here's me raising an imaginary, cyberspace glass of something extremely fizzy to toast your future happiness and ongoing SUCCESS!

BLACK AND WHITE said...

Your new studio looks wonderful!

femminismo said...

Wonderful to see your new place. Congrats on "Failure" getting a first. Sounds like a lively topic. I sent you a Bluebottle email about your friend collecting soil and poems. Is she still doing this? Does she have a blog? Thanks, and all the best in your new place!

Leslie Avon Miller said...

What an invitation your new studio is. Wishing you many happy hours of toasty warm creating!

Anonymous said...

lovely new space to settle in to - it looks like it has great light.