Although I made lots of collagraphs during my MA I always used plant material and polyfilla so I've been keen to try other methods of making the plates. I used carborundum and tile cement on these small experimental plates - I found it quite difficult to get the effect I wanted. There are so many different ways to use carborundum so I made the plate below last night as a guide for future plates. The next stage will be to use the new methods along with the plant material.
|Carborundum tester plate|
|Mountboard base with first stage of tile cement|
|Plywood base with tile cement and second stage of carborundum|
|Various small experimental plates|
|Print using 6-8 layers of PVA over solid carborundum|