20/07/2009

DAY 3 Land Art and another beach!

As I said yesterday I felt a theme was emerging - maybe SUBMERGING would be more appropriate!!
i had such fun playing on yet another beach - we had a different beach each day to play on! this beach well known for it's variety of pebbles and I couldn't resist - but I stayed with the idea of space and building vertical rather than horizontal

Colour - shape - size - so many choices!! And then there was BALANCE!

I built 7 starting near the sea and working backwards - no idea of how the tide would come up the beach!
Again quicker than I realised my structures were surrounded by sea and I was no longer able to reach them.........
One by one they became islands!! Would the ones on high rocks stay dry?
The last 2 to go!! I just couldn't believe the tide would come in over 8ft high!
and then they were gone - the fisherman at the top of the cliff told me later that they could still be seen under the sea from above! I caused quite alot of entertainment and interest that day!!
Tomorrow another beach and a deserted and abandoned BRICK WORKS - it just got better and better but you will have to wait to see what I got up to with the theme of FRAGILITY!

9 comments:

Dave King said...

That was fun. I do have a particular interest in Land Art and so really enjoyed that post. Thanks for sharing it.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Key words for me would be balance and becoming islands... such a human experience?! I can hardly wait for the BRICK WORKS.

Dianne Poinski said...

This is so cool! I love that they could still be seen from above even though to your eye, everything was submerged. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

lynne h said...

each day gets better!! oh i love these!! and the way they look as islands -- joy, joy!!

thank you for showing us these days...

Char said...

amazing thing the ocean....beautiful cairns

Unknown said...

Wonderful. Can't wait to see the next series.

ooglebloops said...

Love your land art - I may have to walk down to the river today and give that a try.............!!!

deb did it said...

oh the stacked rocks are wonderful. did you know there is a Flickr Group for Land Art? I happy I found your blog, via Misty.

nancy neva gagliano said...

another rock piler here.....mine at home and lake michigan!!!! and obsessive photographing of MY arch, a roadside attraction...sharing commonalities. yea to the blogosphere!! found you through blue sky dreaming!