21/10/2009

Wonderful exhibition

I was passing Leeds Art Gallery and popped in on the advice of my daughter to see the current exhibition - I was completely knocked out by this painter's work (which is rare for me with painting) and just by chance noticed that he was giving a talk on his work that evening - so I went to it - last night. I am fascinated by the processes of other artists and this was not a disappointment. I bought the catalogue and even had it signed by the artist - Hughie O'Donoghue - I have struggled to find anything about this painter's work on the internet - the best I could come up with is HERE - he works in Southern Ireland and has been painting for 30 years! Although I am not a painter I felt such a connection between what we were both trying to say in our work. I can't understand why his work is not more recognized in the world! I wish I could share more of his beautiful paintings which incorporate photography.
It is rare indeed to find someone who has been working for so long and is a Royal Academy artist with virtually no information or images on the internet!
It has started me wondering...............wandering.............. !!!
THIS IS THE FIRST POST WITHOUT AN IMAGE.

4 comments:

Char said...

it is always wonderful to find a connection like that

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Oh, No, Just the one painting? I like the piece very much and would love to see how he incorporated the photography as well as seeing more of his work...does he have a website?
Isn't is wonderful to find another artist such as you did and connect to his work!

RosieK said...

thank you Blue Sky you prompted me to research further and of course it would have helped if I got his name right! Apologies! See my new post!!
thank you too Char - you are right it is both wonderful and rare!

BLACK AND WHITE said...

Wonderful work, thanks for sharing!