27/01/2010

Tree art at St Andrews

This is what I’ve been up to over the last few days – as I said before I have been rather obsessed by the trees and as you can see I wasn’t joking!!!

DSC09056

I used gum from nearby pine trees to fix the red leaves in place

DSC09066

I love the drawing quality of the Spotted Eucolyptus tree bark

DSC09077

it was fun working in the Australian bush and I feel I understand more about the country – especially the insect life!! The mosquitos round here seem to think an English woman is a good reason to have a banquet!!!! I itch alot!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love these shots. Great colours.

Ro Bruhn said...

Don't worry Rosie, the mosies love us Aussies too.
I like how you've used our gum leaves. Have you seen the species Eucalyptus ficifolia? It has to have the most colour flowers of almost any tree, such brilliant reds and oranges and they're in flower at the moment.

jafabrit said...

I just adore what you did with the leaves, so beautiful.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

It all looks and seems wonderful except for the bugs...you are a fresh item on the bug menu...good luck! I love the placement of the red leaves.

lynne h said...

rosie, rosie, rosie... you know you have my heart forever now... those red leaves...

thank you for this burst of joy. : )

xo